Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Starting a Movement to Become Better, More Educated Label Readers!

Ok so remember last post and how I talked about the harmful ingredients that were listed from the website Natures Knockout? Well, I found a store that carries makeup that doesn't have ANY of the harmful ingredients in them! YAY!  Just go here and I will get you the info!  I also LOVE this store because it has LIQUID foundation that doesn't have any harmful stuff in it( I have dry skin so mineral make-up doesn't work for me, believe me I have tried!...womp womp).  This line was created by Nicole Miller a fashion designer! People like Angelina Jolie, Eva Longoria and Halle Berry wear her stuff.

Just Sayin'...

Movin' on,  let's talk about the price; these cosmetics are very affordable but, in no way cheap. Or are they? Consider for a moment the health problems in the World. Heart disease and diabetes are a couple of the  number one killers among Americans(I really don't think I need to go into that right now or this may be the longest post you have ever read!) and many other countries.  Why? because of what we put in and on our bodies! What we put on the surface of our skin gets absorbed by our bodies and goes through our blood stream and our organs, true story!(Do some research if you don't believe me! I just think the facts are overwhelming!)
  But, I digress!! I think paying a little extra for a few basics WILL in the long run pay off. With this I mean, perhaps in the long run, fewer major medical bills! And I think anyone would be excited about that!  I AM!

Now, I know that not EVERYTHING we do, eat and put in and on our bodies will be absolutely perfect. In fact, I know we live in an imperfect world so how can we expect ourselves to be? Especially if we are products of our environments?( I think we are heavily influenced by them but, it doesn't have to determine our destiny)
I advocate having moderation in all things!  And  let's start a movement to become  more educated, better LABEL READERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...